Security is paramount and security measures are inbuilt throughout the MediCam system’s structure. All reports are dated and time stamped, geo-tagged, encrypted and, if uploaded to an third party storage provider, they are securely transmitted over HTTPS. This allows you to transmit and store media in compliance with appropriate security regulatory guidelines. Manipulation, modifying, or changing MediCam media within a report in any manner, is not possible.
Some of the security features include:
- A "passwordless" user authentication system.
- All data wiped off your device as soon as it is uploaded or sent.
- Media cannot be accidentally (or purposefully) uploaded to your device's cloud storage (e.g. iCloud).
- All "reports" are encrypted using industry standard AES-256 encryption before being emailed.
- All "reports" uploaded to Box or Dropbox are done so over HTTPS.
- An audit trail of everyone that accesses a report.
- An institution can "lock down" key servers with whitelist and blacklists of emails that can and can't access reports.
- An institution can "lock down" the endpoint so that only users within a network can submit and access reports (if they wish).